01 02 03 Erynn's Blog: The last of summer 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The last of summer

34
School starts today for Nathan, so we have been soaking in the last of summer!!

I can't believe my baby is already going to school, I mean, seriously, he was just this big only a few weeks ago:


Cue the mama tears.

We started up most of our fall activities over the last two weeks! We have a crazy fall scheduled so we've had to drop a few activities that we have done in the past just to keep our sanity (and to give me at least one day to just be home). This time around being pregnant, I have been very tired and sore, so planning in days to be home and do a lot of sitting activities have been SO wonderful for my ligaments and ankles!! :)


The boys started swim lessons a couple of weeks ago and are LOVING them. Nathan went last year but this is Parker's first time to go. He still has to have a parent in the pool with him (enter me) but he is soaking it up (no pun intended). He's already started gliding to me under the water. It's so fun to watch him learn! And Nathan is busy learning how to switch back and forth between freestyle and backstroke. I know two kids who are going to go nuts watching the Olympics this year.


Some post nap snuggles with my tattooed toddler. Someone has to be exactly like his brother in all things.


Case in point. ;) Since Nathan starts school this week, we've been trying to go over a few review things over the last couple of weeks and to get us in the groove for the home days with his school. I started trying to do school in the mornings, but it was just too hard with Parker needing to play and Nathan needing to get some energy out, so we've switched things up a bit. I get Nathan up early from rest time and we try to get the majority of his school done before Parker gets up (which means less writing time for me, so please pray that I use the time I have diligently!). But when Parker is up, he's got to be doing "school" with Nathan. I found a little paint with water board for him to play with and he loves it.


Orientation day!! Nathan was fully dressed in this outfit and had his backpack on before I was all the way out of bed. ;) He is SO excited for school to start!! Since I stay on the campus, I got Parker a little "packpack" too to take to his class (aka the nursery). It's going to be a fun year!


We had to take the car in to get the oil changed and they were showing a preview of a new Snoopy movie. The boys thought Jiffy Lube was the best place ever.







Nathan finished his entrance booklet and was awarded his Sparky vest, bag and book at the closing ceremonies in the big group. He was SO proud! Oh my goodness. It was adorable.


On Awana nights, Parker gets Mom and Dad to himself, so we took him to Target for a little shopping and Auntie Cayce's Starbucks for a treat, where we all got spoiled rotten by Cayce. And to top the night off, she even let him sweep a little bit. ;) I think Thursday nights might become his favorite. ;)


We got a box of baby girl and maternity clothes in the mail from my dear friend Leigh Ann - SO much fun!! I love all the pink! Such a blessing from a sweet friend.

And that was our week last week! Can't wait to update on how school went today! :)

post signature
35 36 37 38