01 02 03 Erynn's Blog: Parker's first birthday - take one! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Parker's first birthday - take one!

34
Wow, guys. This week. Oh, we have just had the BEST time!!  This post is going to be 90% pictures, just to warn you. ;)


Jon took off on Parker's birthday so we could really live up the celebration. ;) We went into his room when Parker woke up and started singing happy birthday to him. He totally freaked out and started crying (ha!) but once we had picked him up out of his crib and convinced a certain older brother to sing a little quieter, he got excited. ;) We got him up and dressed and then (per big brother's request) it was time to open presents!!

Jon and I had stayed up late on our anniversary the day before getting this little area all set up and the car put together. :)

 I LOVE his face when he walked in and saw his presents!! 

 Yay for a fun new toy!! He loves his car. LOVES it. He plays with it all day!

This face. Love it. He was SO excited all day long!


 Such a fun birthday morning!!! The kids played with the new toys while I made our traditional blueberry muffins for breakfast.





And then it was time to head to the aquarium! We had a such a great time just our little family of four there!




Love these. :)

Nathan and Jon got to "pet" a stingray - Nathan was so cute. He would reach for it and then change his mind and decide not to do it, but then he got super brave and touched him and was so proud of himself. ;)



This little wished his arms were a bit longer. ;)


Sweet brothers. :)

Next up, we headed to lunch and this guy cheesed through the entire thing at Chick-fil-a. Ha! It was SO cute. And he was so happy to be there!

Nathan insisted that he needed to get a blue balloon for Parker for his birthday so he went and asked the workers and then brought two over for them. Parker adores his brother. Can you tell? ;) Nathan loves to tell me that he and Parker are "best buds" and I just am so thankful for that!

We went home for naps and then went over to Gammy and Pops' house for our dinner celebration. They had the house decked out! It was so cute!!


Someone got spoiled rotten with tons of fun new toys (including this awesome tent!) and got to eat his favorite meal - chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese! Gammy even had strawberries for him. ;)

Then it was time for cake. Oh how I love his sweet face here when we started singing!!

"Is it really for me, Dad?"

I wasn't too worried about him loving the cake. And he loved it. ;)

Success. :)

I just cannot believe my sweet Parker Bear is one year old! We packed everything up and drove home and on the drive, the clock turned to 8:26 - exactly the minute that he was born - and I just couldn't stop the tears. I am so incredibly thankful that my babies are healthy and growing and happy but oh how I just wish time would slow down a little bit!! Happy birthday to my precious baby boy. :)


post signature
35 36 37 38