01 02 03 Erynn's Blog: Not exactly the week we planned... 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Not exactly the week we planned...

Right now is one of those times where I can look back on the last few days and I just know that God had His hand in everything that happened.

On Tuesday night, the sweet Lunch Bunch totally surprised me with a baby shower when I thought we were just having a girls night hangout. SO fun - they were far too generous and we had a fantastic time just talking and laughing. We left there about 9:30 and when I got to my car, it wouldn't start.

I was so frustrated. Nathan was already in bed and I was way across town, so my parents were so kind to come try and help me jump it. We tried about 25 times to jump it and it wouldn't even try to turn over. My car is only about 1.5 years old, so it was still covered under warranty, but so annoying at that time of night. We ended up leaving my car there and Mom and Dad took me home.

I slept terribly that night. First thing Wednesday morning, we called the dealer and the roadside assistance and a few minutes later, I drove Nathan and the little girl I watch a few days a week back across town in Jon's truck to meet the tow truck with my keys. Wednesday was a rough day. We had a big potty training accident with the little girl, I was already overly tired and stressed because of the car and talking to the dealer. So when we got into a little fender bender on our way home (in Jon's truck), I just couldn't stop crying.

We were all fine - the kids didn't even realize we were in an accident we were going so slow and Jon's truck didn't even have a dent on it - but I was so upset. I called the doctor and they reassured me that baby brother was fine, I just needed to keep doing kick counts. My mom came over and helped distract me until Jon got home and they went and picked up my car which was done by then. Looking back, I'm so thankful that I was in the truck - my car sits a lot lower and it's not made of cement, like Jon's truck seems to be made of. ;)

About 5:30 that night, I started noticing that I'd been having a few more Braxton Hicks contractions than I normally had been having. Three hours later, I called the doctor because they were coming every 7ish minutes and were getting painful. Amazingly, my doctor was on call (I don't think that ever happens!) and he had me try taking some Tylenol, laying down and drinking a lot of water. They didn't stop, if anything, they just regulated more. When I called our doctor back at 9:30, he told us to come meet him at triage and get checked out. I just knew they were going to say it was all in my head and to go home, so even though Jon wanted to pack a bag, I told him I doubted we would need one. Mom and Dad came over and stayed with Nathan (so thankful for my parents and siblings this week!).

We got to triage, I got hooked up to the monitors and by then, I was having consistent contractions every 2-4 minutes. They gave me an oral medicine to see if that slowed or stopped them and it didn't do anything, so we got admitted and I got started on an IV of magnesium to see if that stopped the contractions. They gave me a huge dose at first which made me feel so weird - my whole body just felt incredibly heavy but I didn't get sick like the nurses warned, so that was a blessing.

Love the wallpaper my sweet boy made for me! :)

My contractions finally started to slow the next morning after a sleepless night. We were so thankful. And I'm so thankful that my doctor was the one on call. By 1:30 in the afternoon yesterday, my reflexes were pretty much nonexistent, so they took me off the magnesium and thankfully, my contractions didn't speed back up and stayed irregular. After watching me for the afternoon, they decided to send me home with a prescription for an oral medication that will hopefully keep the contractions away - at least for a few more days.

So, I'm out of the hospital now, I'm taking my meds, keeping an eye on baby brother's kick counts and I have to lay low for a few days - at least until we get to 36 weeks, which is next Saturday. I'm so excited to meet my boy but I don't want him to come just yet!! Whatever happens, I know God has a wonderful plan for this baby and I can trust in that.

Thank you SO so much for your prayers and sweet messages and comments over these last couple of days!! I teared up so much in the hospital reading all of them - such a blessing to know that this little one is so prayed for!!

So glad to be back with this precious boy and excited/very freaked out (ha!) to see what the next few weeks hold for us! God is good. SO thankful for that.

post signature
35 36 37 38