None of my thoughts are currently cohesive enough for an actual, flowing post, so I'm going to just write a random list instead. It's August. It's still hot out. My brain is already in cold weather mode, so I'm a little thrown off.
1. Yesterday I was attempting to do a small workout after Nathan woke up since I've been feeling pretty much back to normal. I was laying on the floor doing crunches and Nathan said, "Oh! Oh, here, Mommy!", dragged a pillow off the couch and shoved it under my head when I was crunching up.
He's got the right idea. It is much nicer to come back to down to a soft pillow rather than the floor. Not sure it worked my abs as well though.
He's very into "bewuds" (beards) lately in the bathtub. I think he looks like a lumberjack. ;)
2. I am so ready for fall it isn't even funny anymore. I cannot, cannot, cannot wait for the weather to get cold so I can finally drink my hot coffee in the mornings without feeling like I'm about to melt into a little puddle. And pumpkin. I am very ready for pumpkin desserts. And scarves. And boots.
3. Speaking of desserts, I'm actually doing pretty good on sticking with my new thing of no wheat, dairy (wrote "diary" here first. I've been good about staying away from my diary too), or red meat in an attempt to keep the endometriosis under control. I still have my half and half in my coffee every morning. It was starting to affect my relationship with the Lord to sit there and drink coconut creamer while I was trying to read my Bible.
I figure a little bit of REAL creamer can't hurt that much.
4. I have decided that we need to have company over a few times every week. I have a to more motivation to dust when I know someone is coming into my house. I'm usually pretty good with vacuuming just because we have a husky who loses his entire coat every day, but I just hate to dust. Nathan loves it thanks to a few times where I've been like, "Come child, help Mommy do this AMAZINGLY AWESOME THING."
I am grooming him for chores someday very soon.
5. I'm approximately 1/4 of the way through Book 2 in my new series releasing soon. Can't wait for y'all to meet Paige. :)
6. God has been bringing this verse to my head and heart often over the last few days: When You said, "Seek My face," my heart said to You, "Your face, O Lord, I shall seek." (Psalm 27:8) When we first learned we were pregnant, August was the month I was really looking forward to because we were supposed to be far enough along to find out what we were having. It's hard to not become angry or bitter or full of complaints that we are instead back to trying to conceive.
7. Jon is going back to school to get his Masters degree. I'm so proud of him. However, neither of us are looking forward to evenings filled with the homework that has been threatened. I will likely finish a quilt that I've been trying to finish for the last six months though. :)
I think that's all I've got! How about you? Random back-to-school thoughts on your end?