Today has been a relatively quiet day. Gammy came over and played with Nathan this morning while I got some writing done, then we had a lunch of sandwiches and Nathan went down for his nap. So, I've been doing a little more writing, working out and making cookies in the meantime (because all good workouts should be followed by cookie dough consumption. My thought, anyway).
A few things that are all pretty much unrelated to each other (which is also sort of my thoughts on second-cousins-in-law):
1. I am back on the coffee train. I realize there were many of you who were infinitely concerned about me and this whole chai tea business, but fear not. I've had some form of coffee every day this week (sometimes twice a day). My favorite form to drink it in is something my sister got me hooked on: Iced Caramel Macchiatos with extra caramel syrup. But, I am still drinking decaf. After the Week of Horror that came when I cut caffeine cold turkey when we were trying to get pregnant with Nathan, I have sworn off regular caffeine until after we are completely done with children. Yes, my personality has taken a hit.
2. Jon and I are totally stuck on a new show - Psyche. Have y'all seen it? I think it's hilarious. We don't have cable anymore, but it's on Netflix. It's all-in-all a fairly clean show. There's the occasional mild cuss word every now and then and nothing else. I really appreciate that!
3. I started doing Pilates again and always in the middle of a workout I wonder, why am I doing this to myself? Not only do I feel incredibly goofy and uncoordinated through most of it, I am so sore afterward for days on end. There is a reason I do it in the privacy of my own home when the only other person in the home during the day is down for a nap. I'll leave it at that. However, I have done it the last three days. I'm hoping the goofiness will fade with repetition.
4. I read Psalm 40 today and was really struck by verses 1 and 3: "I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry... He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord." I love that - to my fellow waiters out there, I have to think that maybe the reason He still has us waiting is so that "many will see" and then "trust in the Lord." So hold out hope, friends. :)
5. I always do this, but after cutting my hair off a few months ago, I am trying to grow it back out. Mostly because I keep seeing all these girls with side braids (like my sister) and I just think they're adorable. My hair is super thick so in order to do even a semi-cute braid, it's going to have to be a lot longer to put some of the thickness out, if that makes sense. But if tradition holds, it'll finally get long enough and I'll cut it off again because it's driving me crazy. It's a vicious cycle.
I think that's all I've got for today. Now to go take something for my muscles.