01 02 03 Erynn's Blog: The List 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The List

34
I've been working on a new story and it's reminding me of the days before I met Jon. When I was in high school, a lot of people told me to write a list of qualities I wanted in a future husband. I'm not really sure what the purpose of this was except to maybe have some invisible, unattainable standard floating out there for Jon, but it did give me a lot of things to think about. I'm not sure that I actually USED the list when it came time to decide whether or not I was going to marry Jon, but I really think that there's more to that decision than just checking things off like a grocery list.

Things like, I don't know, spark. :) And lots and lots and lots of prayer.

Anyway, I wrote a list in high school. I think I ended up with about 70. And NO - not all of them were qualities. Actually, some of them were fairly ridiculous (drinks coffee, doesn't play golf, likes animals but not obsessed with them, etc). But most of them were important things - loves me, respects my family, and that we would have fun together.

Sadly, we don't have any fun together. :)

Jon actually met most of the things on the list, though there were a few that he didn't end up making. When I wrote the list I was very anti-country music, though it's grown on me. Maybe since I ended up marrying a guy who pretty much only listens to country and KLOVE.

But the big stuff? Like solid Christian, loves kids, hard worker, good teeth and not a morning person?

Check, check, check, check and check.

He is not, however, clean shaven. And he does not like to read.

But I think I can deal with that. :)

It's making me curious! What are your seemingly silly qualities/preferences you want/wanted in a husband?

Photobucket
35 36 37 38